Monday, February 18, 2008

My latest project...


So, years ago I bought a sewing machine, never having used one in my life, but having hand-sewn a few things (my Little Mermaid costume being my most memorable). Turns out it's not so difficult, and I made a door snake to keep the draft out of TT's room. Boo wanted a snake of her own, so I modified the design a little, and made her a bean bag snake. Now I'm starting a project I wanted to make when I first bought the machine. I've been saving special pieces of Boo's baby clothes and am making a quilt. It will be years in the making, with the finished project being something I can send off to college with her (FYI, I've started saving TT's, too, so don't think she'll be left out). Here are a few of the unfinished panels. Other things that will be added include her "I love Troy" shirt, her "I'm a big sister" shirt, etc. as she outgrows them. I have lots more to cut up and assemble that she's already outgrown, but it's working out pretty well, I think.

3 comments:

marcia said...

Great idea, although I'm not sure I'd be able to part with it, when the kids go off to college is when WE need the comfort!!

Mermaid B said...

So true... maybe I'll be keeping it for myself (or use other pieces of both girls clothes to make one for me). :-)

Dana said...

Marcia has a good point- *cry* my kids are never leaving the nest ever- so I don't have to worry about it!!!